Holy crap. I skipped a workout (now have to try to get a workout in the rest of the week.. I do do stupid shit though.. squats in the bathroom, lunges in the middle of the road while the boo and I waited for the cops to leave a house so we could get our car on 4th of July..true story.. but what I am saying is this shit adds up.. you don’t think so but it does*).. and decided that I though I didn’t want to be working out I wanted to do something that still makes me enjoy life just a little bit more. I have been putting all fave recipes in a book, printing out recipes but not making them. So that’s what I was gonna do, bake.
Paleomg.com thank you.
I made your blueberry muffins and I loved them. Although I don’t eat paleo* the ingredients are so simple that I don’t discriminate and you’ll be thankful I don’t. This are magical. Obviously they have flour and sugar (honey, which is something I wanted to tweak), but these compared to a store bought one its almost dumb to waste all those stairmaster minutes on shit you didn’t need but wanted. hmmph.
Simple Blueberry Muffins
Prep time: 5 minsCook time: 20 minsTotal time: 25 minsServes: 8-10Ingredients
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup Unsweetended Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberriesInstructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If you’re good at baking, you’ll know to mix the dry then the wet ingredients then mix together, but I do all the ingredients together and it works out just fine.
- Place ingredients into 8-10 silicone muffin cups in a muffin tin. Or you can use muffin tin paper liners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on it, they will puff up and look adorable.
- Eat them and be happy. And merry.
Oh.. btw.. I have never cooked with honey and I wanted to mention something and then remembered something else about the honey.. it made the batter veryyyyyyyy sticky! Not joke that or I fucked up but they still tasted wonderful. I had to hand mix in the blueberries and was still having trouble. so I made 6 kinda on the bigger side muffins because I only have a 12×12 pan or 6 muffin tin and this batter was ickkystickyy. I also want to try to sweeten it with a different kind of sugar.. organic cane.. blue agave syrup… trial and error
and I am a dumbass.
I was looking at the directions and read 8-10 .. literally were making these in a timely manner not reading further.. 15-20.. thank goodness I know to stick a fork inside to see how clean it comes out. These didnt after 8 min.. nor 10.. lol haha
But overall fucking great.. here is her pictures of the muffins and heres mine linking back to my instagram account..
They were wonderful (:
..and after I go to get the link for the pictures I see a carrot cake muffin.. hmm.. and instead of the cream she uses (or maybe I will).. these are the ingredients for the carrot cake muffins..
- For the frosting
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (unsalted)
- 5 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
&& as it relate to my fitness life.. I am hanging in there… Not eating as much as I’d like and haven’t been doing enough cardio (on top of weight training) enough to feel “complete” lol. I am still a little soft in areas and have no doubt that will change with a little more plyometric based exercises and/or a little more time on my stairmastermister haaaa!
Gotta love the ass that the stairmaster gives me!
..and a shit ton of squats and lunges.