For some reason my pictures do NOT want to load.
930am Protein Shake (Dymatize, Strawberries, Flax, Ice, Water).
1pm 1/4lb Roast beef w/ almonds
430pm Blackened Chicken Breast w/ Soy Sauce w/ Almonds.
6pm More Almonds.. omg fml.
1030pm 2 Salt Free Rice Cakes w/ Protein Almond Butter *
*New and its AWESOME!!!!! 14g protein 4g carbs 6g fiber and only 1g of sugar :)
The Work Out
3 Supersets of Lying Chest Press & Flyes…
30lbs (each arm) x 12 reps w/
15lbs (each arm) x 8-10
4 sets of cable presses (weight unknown)
10 Minutes of Bosu Ball Burpees, 30 sec ski jumps and 15-25 Jump Squats*
*GREAT for your ass/legs..
5 Minute Planks
45 Min Cardio
Day 61 in pictures..
- A cool picture I took in the car…lol pointless but I didn’t have a morning picture.
- My good ol Blackened Chicken Breast.
- Recipe for blueberry muffins.. have another recipe I am going to try this weekend. Will post recipe tonight :)
- I cheated on Whole Foods :/
- I got (mostly for the day of my competition) but dried mango, and banana. Olive oil. Almonds. Apple Vinegar. Not pictured: Artichoke. Asparagus. Dark Chocolate.
- My plyo workout equipment. Don’t think you need a whole lot to work out.. :)
- This is ME. Today.
- Look what came while I was working out?!??!?!!?!?!??!!?!?
- A NEW CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER!!!!!! 14 G Protein 4g Carb 6g Fiber and only 1 G of sugar. Fuck. Yes. and only $18.99 LMFAO.. I know I know… whatever.. and its awesome and still has only like 5 ingredients.. I still have yet to try my muscle egg lol and I just paid $75 for them. Yep. I am nuts.
- Last picture is me throwing away pointless oatmeal mixes. I just keep throwing away food and buying better shit.. it cost me a lot more to feed the mother (lol) but I rather her eat how I do then have to deal with stupid bullshit around the house.. I don’t know.. we shall see.
5 weeks out. kinda getting scared shitless because I don’t even have my suit. Yes that means I haven’t even ordered it. So yes that means I will pay an extra $50 to have it shipped and made sooner.
Life of a procrastinator = just paying more $$$ in the end lol. I swear it happens every time.. like when I decide not to pay my speeding tickets on time….. ohhhhhhhh will I ever learn. ALRIGHT well listen up PLEASEEEEEEE to who ever is reading this I BEG OF YOU please comment with your opinion. I am going to measure and put the final touches into making my bikini. I am so up in the air with what color I want that I am stressing out to the max. Not really (because I could always be more stressed lol), but this isn’t a good feeling. The only thing keeping me from breaking down is, as much as I don’t care for my first suit, I still have it. So all else fails, I do have a back up. So tomorrows post will be dedicated to my bikini choices.
So ever since it hit me that my show is around the corner, I have been stepping it up a notch. I am going to start my morning cardio tomorrow.. oh joy, and hopefully just keep leaning out. My legs are still pretty big (still have my ass though, so that is WONDERFUL), just need to stay positive :) Not to mention I have a few tests this week, 2 classes, a 12 page paper due, a 40+ hour job and a thought process that lasts a solid 30 seconds. To think I am still sane. Ha.
This weekend will be a little light on the blogging, again tomorrow will be dedicated to my bikini, and hopefully get to relax a little. Enjoy the holidays and WORK OUT! & EAT CLEAN and here is some motivation and an AWESOME recipe to try.. gosh I am so darn thoughtful…. ;)
Buttery Apple Streusel Oat Squares
For Oat Base:
- 1.5 cups regular oats
- 1 cup whole-grain Kamut flour (or whole wheat pastry flour or white/whole wheat)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Sucanat sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds+ 4 tbsp warm water, mixed well and set aside for 5 mins)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Earth Balance, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
For Buttery Apple Mixture:
- 3 granny Smith Apples, peeled, thinly sliced, chopped (makes approx 3 cups, chopped)
- 2 tbsp Earth balance or butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp Sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
Apple Streusel Topping:
- 2 tbsp Sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance or butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a square pan (I used a 9×9) with parchment paper and oil the sides of the pan and base. In a medium sized pot, add the apple mixture ingredients (chopped apples, Earth Balance, brown rice or maple syrup, spices). Heat over low, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes, until the apples soften and mixture thickens up.
In a small bowl, mix the chia or flax egg and set aside. In a large bowl, mix the oat base dry ingredients: oats, flour, Sucanat/brown sugar, baking soda, salt. In a small bowl, mix the melted earth balance, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, and chia egg. Stir well.
Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well, using hands if necessary. Set aside 1/2 cup of the oat base mixture if desired. Pour the oat mixture onto the square pan and press down with fingers. Use a pastry roller to smooth out if desired. Pour on cooked apple mixture and smooth out. Make the apple streusel topping by mixing all ingredients together with a fork or fingers. Now sprinkle on the reserved 1/2 cup oat mixture and apple streusel topping and sprinkle over top.
Bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes. Allow to fully cool for at least 30-40 minutes before gently removing from pan. You can firm them up in the fridge before slicing into squares or bars. The bars also freeze very well (I place them into a container in the freezer).
HOW GOOD DO THOSE LOOK??????????! and then we have her… who looks very good ;)