(HEALTHY!!) Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Stolen from Paleomg.com….. again… FUCKING love this girl! Super stoked to make this. Seems so easy and I am in love with this dip.Prep time: 10 minsTotal time: 10 minsServes: 2-4Ingredients
- Version 1 (no cheese)
- 2 (14oz) cans artichoke hearts (mine were in brine), chopped
- 16oz frozen spinach
- 1 cup cashews, roasted and unsalted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Version 2 (with cheese)
- all of the ingredients above
- 2 ounces goat cheese at room temperatureInstructions
- Add frozen spinach and artichokes to large saucepan over medium heat and sprinkle with just a bit of salt.
- While your spinach thaws and artichokes warm up, pull out your handy dandy food processor.
- Place cashews in food processor and turn on. Grind until your cashews become a flour then begin to pour in your olive oil until you get a creamy consistency. Kind of like a super creamy cashew butter.
- Once your spinach is completely thawed and it’s all good and warm, drain the excess water from your saucepan and add spinach and artichoke to a large bowl.
- Add your creamy cashews and seasons to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with sweet potato chips or veggies!
The Food Log
830am Protein Shake (Dymatize Protein, Whole Milk, Strawberries, Hemp/Chia and Flax Seeds). 11am Ezekiel Bread (1 Slice) w/ 1TBS Peanut Butter. 1pm My homemade spaghetti and meat sauce (ground turkey). 330pm Chicken/Beef Kabobs w/ corn and broccoli. 630pm Pre Work Out- 1/2c Oatmeal w/ 1/2 scoop protein powder. 930pm Post Work Out- Protein Shake w/ Oatmeal and 1/2 banana. 11pm POSSIBLY a casein shake =D
The Work OutLEG DAY– I just decided! The only thing I am sure of is my 100 weighted lunges. I do 5 sets of 20 lunges (weighing from 40lbs to 80lbs).
But I will for sure be squatting, dead lifting and using the Leg Ext (<– fave exercise) fersure. Enjoy guys!