I know I suck at life but with getting sick and getting cited for public intoxication, I’ve been quite the busy bee. Will update later. I pinky promise.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Adapted from this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder (8g)
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (PB2 or Betty Lou’s) (For substitutions, see “nutrition facts” link below) (18g)
- scant 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xylitol or sugar (omit if you like bitter chocolate cake) (4g)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet or 1 more tablespoon sugar
- 2 tsp coconut or veg oil, or mashed banana or applesauce (I personally don’t like the fat-free option and recommend the oil, but I’m adding the option because I know many of you don’t mind the taste/texture of the lower-fat version.) (8g)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice (45g)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, 1-cup ramekin, or even a coffee mug. If using the microwave: cook 1 minute 25 seconds (time may vary, depending on your microwave’s wattage). If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for the cake to cool before trying to remove it). You can cook this in an oven if you prefer, but you’ll have to experiment to find the correct amount of time.
Chocolate Covered Katie.