Lazy Day Sunday ❤
Ew I’m so weird today. I was up for quite a while last night randomly.. Everything is so thrown off.
12:41pm I started my morning with ANOTHER green smoothie. It was actually the same ingredients as yesterday. I switched my moms up though (LOL yes she actually asked me to make one for her, so I just made two). They are super good just since I don’t have my vitamix yet I have to make one at a time, slowly. I add a lot of spinach and kale so it clogs the blade lol.. oh jeez. Anyways I also had some kasha wheaties and I’ve been full ever since. I let myself have carbs this weekend too to kinda ease going into this week. I feel a little bloated but it is what it is.
I should be doing my homework but I feel like shit. I’m waiting to go to the grocery store. I want to make stuffed peppers, kale chips, and the blondies today. Possibly the turkey meatballs, that or Ill try a meat loaf. I will also kind of recap all the information we learned.
Haven’t worked out at all actually this weekend. I am actually in a funk. I don’t know but it will all be better tomorrow when I kill it at the gym. I honestly get such a rush lifting legs =D Other then that I’m taking Tuesday Off (from work). and I have class on Wednesday So my only obstacles.
4:59pm Alright so.. I am finally finished with all the shopping that needed to be done. I went to Kohls to return an item (SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! I lost money here and at the pet store for Marley, all because I didn’t have my receipt ) and I found the sexiest pair of nude heels. I have been looking for nude high heels forever.. and now that I realized spending $55 on a pair of heels I could of probably found a designed pair on sale for that price lol not buying them from Kohls. However here is a pic of my favorite finds today:
Any who completely forgot my peppers to make stuffed peppers for dinner, so I’ll just make the meatloaf and kale chips. Spent quite a bit of $$ today 😦 lol ol well.. got marley a new toy and pit bull calendar. I also got stuff for my bathroom =D
So that was my day.. nothing to excited for fun filled. My eating has been kinda whatever because I feel bloated. I think Im going to try drinking some tea and take an antacid. Here is what we discussed throughout the week:
Road to Ripped Recap
- We discussed that any kind of healthy weight loss takes time. But YOU can do this.
- Eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Cut out ALL processed foods (take this day by day)
- Always try to have a protein at every meal
- Drink tons of water.
- Journal your thoughts and feelings throughout this process.
- “Picture” your progress (don’t always weigh yourself, the scale lies).
- Try plyometrics or the stair master instead of running.
- Make realistic goals
- Have a workout or weight loss partner.
- BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN DO THIS.
- No sodas (diet ok)
- Careful with your condiments (a little is ok. Portion control people!)
Grocery List.. LISTEN UP.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Tuna (water packed), or White Meat Chicken (water packed)
- Fish (tilapia, cod, halibut, and on occasion salmon and sea bass)
- Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
- Buffalo steak (lean)
- Protein Powder (lactose free)
- Egg Whites or Eggs
- Rib eye Steaks or Roast
- Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
- Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
- Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
- Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
- Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
- Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% Lean Ground Round)
- Extra Lean Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)
- Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
- Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
- Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
- Oat Bran Cereal (watch sugar, less than 6 grams)
- Brown Rice
- Ezekiel Bread (frozen healthy section of Kroger’s or Whole Foods)
- Farina (Cream of Wheat from box)
- Multigrain Hot Cereal
- Pasta (Whole Wheat, Ezekiel brand – watch serving, very dense)
- Rice (jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild, brown)
- Potatoes (red, baking, new)
- Kashi Low Sugar Cereals (less than 6 grams of sugar)
- Whole Wheat Pita (Low Carb Variety – Joseph’s Pita Bread, or Food for Life brand)
- Carbdown Flatbread (Wal-Mart)
- Corn Tortillas (Food for Life Brand is best, microwave to make crispy)
- Whole Wheat Tortillas (Food for Life brand)
- Rice Cakes (lightly salted only)
Fibrous Carbs & Vegetables (Fresh first, frozen second, canned last choice)
- Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)/Bagged Salad
- String Beans
- Black Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green or Red Pepper
- Spaghetti Squash (my fav)
- Berries (blueberries and raspberries)
- Lemons or Limes
- Melons (not watermelon)
- Eat bananas, strawberries, peaches or plums sparingly (lots of natural sugar)
- No dried fruits, including raisins (loaded with sugar)
- Natural Style or Organic Peanut Butter, even better, Peanut Wonder (Whole Foods Market)
- Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
- Nuts (peanuts, almonds)
- Flaxseed Oil
Dairy & Eggs
- Low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
- Low or Non-Fat Milk (eat dairy only occasionally)
- Non-fat yogurt (look for low sugar only)
- Fat-free String Cheese
- Fat-free Cream Cheese
- Bottled Water
- Iced Tea (decaf)
- Coffee (decaf)
- Diet Soda
- Crystal Light or Wal-Mart Brand Sugar-Free Drink Mixes
Condiments & Misc.
- Fat-free Mayonnaise (on occasion)
- Ketchup (Heinz One Carb brand only)
- Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- Reduced Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Balsamic or Raspberry Vinaigrette (Farm Grove)
- Salsa or Fresh Pico De Gallo
- Steak Sauce
- Sugar-free or low-carb Ketchup
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Sugar Free Jelly (Polaner or Smuckers)
- Chili Paste
- Tomato Paste (low sugar)
- Mustard (yellow or Dijon)
- Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc)
- Low Sodium fat-free beef or fat-free chicken broth
- Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste (look for low sugar)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Fat-free cooking spray
- Sugar-free applesauce for baking
Herbs & Spices
- Chili powder
- Mrs. Dash (all varieties)
- McCormick’s (all varieties)
- Butter Buds
- Bay leaf
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Curry Powder
- Red Pepper
- Dry Mustard
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Black Pepper
Other Items to Purchase
- Fat-free Cool Whip
- Tofutti fudge pops (my fav)
- Sugar-free Jell-O
- Sugar-free Popsicles (Philly Swirl are awesome)
- DaVinci Gourmet Sugar-free Syrups (www.davincigourmet.com – my best kept secret!) Add to oatmeal for breakfast or to make a variety of different muffins, cookies or pancakes.
- Tacori Sugar-free Syrups (World Market)
Mock food plan:
AM: CARB/ PROTEIN
PM: FAT/ PROTEIN
Just another thought! If you want head to GNC to purchase CAESIN to have at the end of the day instead of a whole meal. It will protect your muscles and you won’t feel so empty in the A.M (the painful emptiness though ):
Proteins (Any part of the day):
- Myofusion (My #1)
- About Time
- NINJA (My #1)
Multi Vitamin (X Sport Brand)
Glutamine (: Aids in recover. X Sport Brand)
- Flaxseed (Local grocery store)
- Fiber (Local grocery story)
The recipes I posted were Jamie Eason’s Turkey Meatloaf, Chocolate Covered Katie’s chickpea Blondie’s and All Recipes kale chips. Which are posted down below for your convenience.
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams
* 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
* 3 egg whites
* 1 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp dried thyme
* 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
* 2 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
* 1 small onion (finely chopped)
* 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins
(makes 15-20 squares)
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar*
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax (20g) (see nutrition-info link below, for substitution ideas)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other fat source) (see nutrition-info link below, for lower-cal options)
- optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips (Not “optional” if you’re CCK!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth. Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard. (Note: you can probably sub any white bean for the chickpeas).
They look fantastic. I will DEF do these in the next few days.. The kale chips you can find are everywhere. I think I want to add Parmesan the next batch (;
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
9:39am. OMG.. sorry this wasn’t posted last night.. I FUCKED UP MY DIET. Will discuss next post. Enjoy this one.. Will add more so keep checking for updates. This was just a short recap.